2014 CLACKAMAS COUNTY JUNIOR LIVESTOCK
Welcome to the Clackamas County Junior
Livestock Auction website. We hope to provide helpful information to all 4H and FFA participants.
AS OF JUNE 27, 2014
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
INFORMATION PASSED OUT AT ALL LEADERS MEETING
Attention all Clackamas County 4-H and FFA
Due to the concern over the PEDV disease that is affecting pigs
the Clackamas County Fair Board has recommended the following changes to the Swine rules concerning the
market auction for the 2014 Clackamas County Fair.
Please read the following changes carefully.
1. Youth will be allowed to enter two market hogs for the
2014 Clackamas County Fair, however, swine exhibitors may bring only one hog to the fairgrounds for the 2014
2. Hogs will be entered on a weight card that will be provided by
the 4-H and FFA Superintendents. The 4-H cards will be distributed at the 4-H All Leaders meeting in June and
need to be returned to the 4-H office with the fair entries on the July due date. FFA cards will be
distributed at the June Advisors meeting and be due back with fair entries in July.
3. This will be a terminal show for market hogs.
All hogs will be shipped to the processor chosen by the owner as per
rules 5, 6, and 7. No exceptions.
4. Red ribbon hogs, underweight hogs, overweight hogs or other
hogs not eligible for the auction and retained by the owner will be shipped to the processor chosen by the
5. Red ribbon hogs, underweight hogs, overweight hogs or other
hogs not eligible for the auction may be sold to the buy back buyer.
6. Exhibitors may be the buy back buyer for their hog if available,
however, that hog must be shipped to the processor of their choice Sunday morning.
There will be no take home option.
MARCH 20, 2014:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SWINE
IF AN EXHIBITOR BRINGS A MARKET HOG AND ANOTHER
SPECIE OF MARKET ANIMAL TO THE FAIR, THE MARKET HOG MUST BE THE SPECIE TO GO THROUGH THE AUCTION - THERE WILL BE NO
EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.
Clackamas County Swine Exhibitors Released:
March 20 2014
From: Clackamas County Junior Livestock Auction
Changes to CCJLA Swine Program
Due to the recent outbreak of PEDv in this country and the heightened concern with this disease,
the Clackamas County Fair Board has recommended that the swine show at the 2014 fair be terminal. This decision is
in line with recommendations from the State Veterinarian, Dr. Brad LeaMaster and State Swine Extension Specialist,
Due to this challenging disease outbreak and to comply with the Fair Board’s recommendation, the Auction
Committee has made the following changes for 2014:
1. The Initial Swine Weigh-In that was originally scheduled for May 3rd has been CANCELLED.
2. Youth will enter their market hogs by filling out a weigh-in card. FFA members will obtain one from their FFA
advisor. Weigh in cards for 4H members will be distributed at the all leaders meeting in June and distributed to
clubs. All weigh-in cards will be due with their fair entries by July due date.
3. All youth will only be allowed to bring ONE pig to fair (even though you may sign up two pigs).
4. Further details regarding fair/auction logistics are currently being discussed and will be published by the
first of May.
5. For youth who are looking to purchase pigs out of state, please read the following:
The State Veterinarian, Dr. LeaMaster, has released the following statement and made the
following requirement for pigs imported into Oregon from anywhere else:
I have taken precautionary steps in regards to the importation of swine into the state.
Effective Monday February 10, the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) required for animals entering
Oregon (other than for immediate slaughter) must contain the following statement from the issuing
"To the best of my knowledge, swine represented on this certificate have not originated
from a premises known to be affected by Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea virus (PEDv), and have not been exposed to
PEDv within the last 30 days."
For further information regarding PEDv, the following link is available: